Here you can find out most frequently asked questions from current and prospective parents/carers.
If the answer to your question isn't on our website or on this list, please feel free to contact us and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
- What is an academy?
- Who funds academies?
- Are Oasis Academies faith schools?
- What percentage of your students are selected on the basis of faith or ability?
- Can I join the academy and is there a catchment area?
- Do you have wrap-around care, where can I find information?
- How do I pay for school lunches?
- What happens if I am running late at the end of the day?
- What do I do if my child is sick?
- What is your parent feedback procedure?
- Can my child wear jewellery and accessories?
- What can/can't my child bring to school?
Academies are publicly funded independent schools. The majority of the funding comes direct from central government. The Education Funding Agency (formerly the YPLA) will fund the annual running costs of the academies via a grant each academic year. The sponsor has responsibility for the day to day running of the academy. Oasis academies are sponsored by Oasis Community Learning, an exempt charity.
Staff and students of all faiths are welcome to be part of each Oasis Academy and faith is not a factor in the admissions criteria for the school. The academies are 'schools of religious character' in order to enable Oasis' ethos of inclusion, which is grounded on the Christian faith, to be prominent in the school's character.
All places at the Academy are free and available to the local community within an admissions policy which mirrors the admissions arrangements for community schools in Lambeth. Students will be accepted irrespective of ability or faith. Full details about admission to the Academy can be found on the Admissions section of the website.
Academy lunches are paid for at the office. Please use a marked envelope for the money. Free Academy meals are available to those families in receipt of Child Tax Credit, Job Seekers’ Allowance or Income Support. Please bring proof of your entitlement to the Academy office, where the relevant paperwork can be completed.