Sport Premium Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
As of 2017-18, the sport Premium has doubled and Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Purpose of Funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life Sports Clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
Above you will find our report for our Sports Premium Funding 2021-22.
Key information included within the report includes:
- How much we received
- How we are spending the money this year
- How our premium programme has affected our pupil's PE and sport participation and attainment
- How we intend to ensure these improvements are sustainable.