Reception: Red Class
Welcome to Reception: Red Class!
Your Class Teacher is Olive.
This year our topics are:
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Term 5||Term 6|
|Do you want to be friends?||Celebrations!||What happens when I fall asleep?||Will you read me a story?||Why are carrots orange?||Why do ladybirds have spots?|
Key Objectives for English and Maths are:-
- Hears and says the initial sound in words.
- Can segment the sounds in simple words and blend them together and knows which letters represent some of them.
- Links sounds to letters, naming and sounding the letters of the alphabet.
- Read and understand simple sentences.
- Use phonic knowledge to decode regular words and read them aloud accurately.
- Read some common irregular words.
- Demonstrate understanding when talking with others about what they have read.
- Uses some clearly identifiable letters to communicate meaning, representing some sounds correctly in sequence.
- Writes own name and other things such as labels, captions.
- Attempts to write short sentences in meaningful contexts.
- Uses phonic knowledge to write words in ways that match their spoken sounds.
- Write some irregular common words.
- Write simple sentences that can be read by themselves and others.
- Some words spelt correctly and others are phonetically plausible.
- Count reliably with numbers from one to 20.
- Place them in order.
- Say which number is one more or one less than a given number.
- Using quantities and objects, add and subtract two single-digit numbers and count on or back to find the answer.
Please remember to bring your jacket/coat every day to school.
It is going to be an exciting year in Reception Class! We plan to:
- Perform in front of the whole school
- Make something to take home
- Compete in a sport
- Raise money for charity
- Cook or bake something to eat
- Have our work displayed
- Play in a team
- Have a classroom job or responsibility
- Visit an art gallery or museum
- Conduct experiments
- Share our interests with the whole class
- Recite nursery rhymes
- Learn words in another language
- Develop our character through the 9 Habits
- Learn how to save money
- Sing lots of songs
- Help each other to be our best
- Draw, paint and sculpt
- Listen to lots of stories
- Read lots of books
- Learn about different faiths
- Use a range of technology
- Play instruments
- Learn how to be safe
- Make a costume and take part in a carnival
- Visit a place of worship
On Tuesday 2nd April, Red Class performed their first assembly in front of the school and their parents. They have been learning about animals in the wild and showcased their musical talents in the assembly. Singing and playing instruments to ‘Down in the Jungle’ and ‘Walking Through the Jungle’, they demonstrated that they could keep the pulse to ‘Saint Saens Carnival of the Animals, The Elephant’ using sticks. The children delivered facts about jungle animals with confidence and had a thoroughly enjoyable time.