Year 1: Orange Class
Welcome to Year 1: Orange Class!
Your Class Teacher is Jeanette. Other people who work in the class are Ami and Taiwo and we also have Pauline on a Monday.
We have PE on Tuesday and Thursday - don’t forget your kit!
This year our topics are:
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Term 5||Term 6|
|Memory box||Bright lights big city||Dinosaur planet||Moon zoon||Superheroes||Enchanted Woodland|
Key Objectives for English and Maths are:-
- Learn all the 44 phonemes and apply them in reading and writing.
- Spell words containing each of the 40+ phonemes already taught common exception words the days of the week.
- Read accurately by putting the sounds together in unfamiliar words.
- Explain clearly what they have read or have had read to them.
- Use knowledge of sounds to spell phonetic words.
- Spell most of the first 200 high frequency words.
- Form upper and lower case letters correctly and neatly.
- Develop a cursive style of writing over time
- Use capital letters and full stops in the right places most of the time.
- Write sentences that make sense and follow on from each other.
- Recognise verbs, nouns, adjectives, conjunctions in sentences.
- Count to and across 100 from any number.
- Count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals.
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Say one more or one less than a given number.
- Use different methods to add and subtract numbers.
- Know and use number bonds to 20.
- Tell the time to the o’clock and half past.
- Measure and begin to record lengths, heights, weights, capacity and time.
- Recognise and name common 2D and 3D shapes.
- Recognise, find and name a half and a quarter of an object, shape or quantity.
It is going to be an exciting year in Orange Class! We plan to:
- Perform in front of the whole school
- Make something to take home
- Compete in a sport
- Raise money for charity
- Cook or bake something to eat
- Have our work displayed
- Play in a team
- Have a classroom job or responsibility
- Visit an art gallery or museum
- Visit the Oasis Farm
- Conduct experiments
- Share our interests with the whole class
- Recite nursery rhymes
- Learn words in another language
- Visit a place of worship
- Perform on a world class stage
- Read with a child in another class
- Develop our character through the 9 Habits
- Learn how to save money
- Sing lots of songs
- Help each other to be our best
- Draw, paint and sculpt
- Write a poem
- Read lots of books
- Learn about different faiths
- Use a range of technology
- Learn how to plan an instrument
- Learn how to be safe
- Make a costume and take part in a carnival
- Learn to scoot or walk safely to school
- Learn some words from different languages
- Recite some stories off by heart