Year 3: Green Class
Welcome to Year 3: Green Class!
Your Class Teacher is Emma. Other people who work in the class are Hazera, Louise and Kathia.
We have PE on Monday and Thursday - don’t forget your kit.
This year our topics are:
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Term 5||Term 6|
|Towers, tunnels and turrets||Muck, mess and mixtures||Land ahoy!||Wriggle and crawl||Beachcombers||The scented garden|
- Write quickly in a fluent and legible style
- Draft and write progressively building a rich and varied vocabulary
- Write engaging stories with detail and dialogue
- Use headings, subheadings and paragraphs
- Evaluate and edit own work
- Read aloud confidently and clearly
- Understand what is read; make inferences and predictions.
- Retrieve and record information
- Participate in discussions about books
- Follow spelling patterns and rules
- Use a range of punctuation and grammatical functions to improve a sentence
- To solve number and practical problems
- To add and subtract numbers with up to four digits
- To recall multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables.
- To multiply two and three digit numbers by one digit
- To solve simple problems involving fractions and decimals
- To estimate, calculate and convert different measures
- To compare and classify geometric shapes and angles
- To describe and present positions on a grid
- To interpret and present data
It is going to be an exciting year in Green Class! We plan to:
- Perform in front of the whole school
- Make something to take home
- Compete in a sport
- Raise money for charity
- Cook or bake something to eat
- Have our work displayed
- Play in a team
- Grow a plant
- Read with a child in another class
- Develop our character through the 9 Habits
- Learn how to save money
- Sing lots of songs
- Help each other to be our best
- Learn how to be safe
- Learn words in another language
- Visit a place of worship
- Travel on a bus, train, tube or escalator
- Perform on a world class stage
- Play in a team
- Have a classroom job or responsibility
- Visit an aft gallery or museum
- Visit the Oasis Farm
- Conduct an experiment
- Share our interests and read to the whole class
- Draw, paint and sculpt
- Read lots of books
- Write a poem
- Learn about different faiths
- Use a range of technology
- Learn how to play an instrument
- Make a costume
- Take part in a carnival
- Learn to scoot safely
- Learn to ride a bike
Green Class really enjoyed their trip to the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace. We were greeted with a parade of carriages going to pick up ambassadors to see the Queen. We saw lots of Royal Carriages and even got a chance to meet (and stroke) one of the royal horses! After lunch and games in Green Park we walked back to school taking in The Mall, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and The London Eye. A very tiring but enjoyable day for everyone!
This week we had an exciting visitor from the Tate Modern Gallery. This was part of a project by a famous artist and film producer called Steve McQueen who aims to take a photograph of every Year 3 child in London and display them all in the Tate Gallery.
We had lots of fun learning about photography and asking our photographer lots of questions! We can't wait to see what our class photo will look like in the Tate Modern in November!