Johanna Family Voice
Johanna Family Voice exists to:
- Develop effective relationships between the staff, parents, pupils and others associated with our school.
- To be a platform in engaging the views of pupils and their families in developing our school.
- Arrange events and activities that raise funds for equipment and projects in our school to enhance the education of the pupils.
- Organise social events for the enjoyment of our children, families, staff and the wider community.
ParentSpace: every Friday in the Music room 9-10am
A space for parents! There will always be some nice tea, coffee and biscuits available as well as a chance to meet other parents and share experiences and support. On some Fridays we will have a focus on planning events or preparing for feedback to the Academy council or other special activities. We will also always have the ‘Have Your Say!’ box available each Friday. Speak to Felicity for any more details.
Parent Class Rep
Two parents per class who act as a voice for their class, ensuring good communication about events and activities that families can be involved in. Reps also are approachable people whom other parents can approach with any concerns or queries that impact their class. Any concerns or positive feedback can then be passed on to Johanna Family Voice, teachers/principal, or Academy Council parent reps as appropriate.
For more info please speak to Bintu – Chair of JFV.
Parent forums run throughout the academy year. This is an opportunity for you to meet with our academy leaders, listen to academy developments and ask those key questions you may have about the Academy.
How can I get involved?
As a parent with a child at Oasis Academy Johanna you are part of our family and so a part of Johanna Family Voice! The following are ways to be involved:
- Come to ParentSpace on a Friday, meet other parents to support and encourage each other and have your say in event planning, communication at school etc., – as well as a nice cup of tea or coffee!
- Become a Parent Class Rep! This is a new and exciting role being created to help communication throughout the school. You will communicate with parents in your class and help to share concerns and celebrations with others.
- Become a Community Hub Councillor. Being a voice for the parents you will liaise with the Class Reps and the Chair of Johanna Family Voice and attend the Hub Council meetings.
Ask your child’s Class Teacher or at the School Office for more information.