Online Learning for Oasis Johanna Families
We are in a very different position for learning online than we were back in March so our online provision will be very different. There will be plenty of opportunities to interact and receive feedback on the work completed at home.
Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
These classes will continue using the Seesaw App and teachers will be posting content daily.
***Year 3 will also access the 10 minutes of reading set out below.
Year Groups 4, 5 and 6
Classes in these year groups will have 2 LIVE lessons each day on MS Teams. This means that children will need to be online and ready to start a lesson at the given time and the teacher will lead children through the lesson.
Daily live lessons will start at these times for each year group:
A few pointers on live lessons:
- All children are expected to be in the live lessons and a register will be taken at the start.
- Once the lesson starts, cameras need to be switched off.
- Children will need to stay on ‘mute’ unless answering questions.
- The ‘chat’ function is only to be used as directed by the teacher.
- Lessons will be recorded.
- Children will need a space that is as quiet as possible.
In addition to Maths and English live lessons, lessons to cover the wider curriculum will be posted into MS Teams.
Also, to fulfil our promise of reading to children for at least 10 minutes a day, a member of school staff will read daily chapters from a book, starting with Operation Gadgetman! by Malorie Blackman. The reading sessions will be pre-recorded and sent out via Teams and Seesaw.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- MS Teams / Seesaw Login details – contact the class teacher if you need to be reminded of these.
- Pen and paper for live lessons as well as for the pre-prepared lessons.
- Help with seesaw can be accessed via this link: https://web.seesaw.me/parents
Please contact the school if there is any support you need for your children to access the learning this term.